Struggling with Analytics, Actionable Insights for Employee Wellness
If you want MonAmI, along with Analytics, Actionable Insights & Recommendations, to help your company to improve employee well-being, morale & engagement then Book A Free Demo Now
Employee Well Being has gone for a toss after pandemic hits every industry. HR Leaders are continuously trying to bring innovative solutions around employee Wellbeing by technology, counsellors, yoga sessions, teams fun activities and weekly check-ins. Still, after 6 months of work from home, various data show that employees are still concerned about their future of work. Lets look at some surveys – what is actually bothering employees
- 84% felt more stress and anxiety at work this year than before
- 93% say their mental health issues at work negatively affect their home life
- 92% would prefer to talk to a robot over their manager about stress at work
- 32% feel the burnout from over work
- 34% say lack of work, life separation contributes to work stress
- 41% cite lack of separation between work and personal life as impacting well being
- 95% believe companies should be doing more to support mental health of workforce
Reason for Stress
- Pressure to meet performance standards
- Handling routine and tedious tasks
- Juggling unmanageable workloads
- Blurred lines between work and life
- Social distancing and fear of catching the fire
- Trying to balance child care and household chores
- Many still coping with change in work practices due to WFH
In the 2020 Millennial Survey by Deloitte says 54 % Gen Zs and 57% millennials in India said they were stressed all or most of the time. They were concerned about family welfare, long-term finances, and job prospects.
LinkedIn surveyed 3,377 professionals between July 27 and September 6 as part of the LinkedIn #WorkforceConfidenceIndex and found that close to 40% of the respondents are facing increased stress and anxiety. This is as many as the share of people facing financial instability.
Among those working remotely:
- 2/5 Employees are dealing with elongated working hours
- 1/4 respondents said they’re struggling to focus on work.
- Around 36% are juggling between personal and professional lives.
- Less than 23% of the employees were offered emotional well-being initiatives and flexible working hours during the first few months of the lockdown.
- 1/3 women respondents are putting in extra hours to afford childcare.
- Around 36% of the working mothers were finding it difficult to concentrate on work as they had to tend to the children at home.
- More than 1/4th parents are working fewer hours to provide childcare and around 28% (37% women) are having to work late to make up for the lost time.
- With many offices opening, 50% of the professionals are worried about exposing themselves to the virus.
- Over 3/5 professionals in India who reported financial instability due to the ongoing crisis faced an income reduction, LinkedIn’s #WorkforceConfidenceIndex finds.
- More than 1/3 of this cohort witnessed a significant decrease in their investment value
- Many of them faced increased expenses on food and supplies and cut back on savings towards major purchases like house and college.
Gartner Says 2/3rd Organizations have Introduced New Wellness Benefits to Support Employees’ Mental and Emotional Well-being
Accordingl to Gartner, 68% of organizations introduced at least one new wellness benefit by late March 2020 . As employees struggle to live within today’s new normal, leading to an increased amount of stress and anxiety, HR leaders must support employees
Even before the pandemic, Gartner research revealed that 45% of well-being budget increases were being allocated to mental and emotional well-being programs To further support employees’ mental health and emotional well-being during the COVID-19 outbreak, Gartner suggested HR leaders to consider incorporating the following strategies:
- Focus on A Holistic Approach : Focus on employees need
- Maximize the Impact of Existing Offerings : Maximize and Analyze Impact of current programs
- Look Beyond Employee Assistance Programs : Don’t go for checklist approach and do tick-mark activity
If you are struggling with employee Wellbeing impact and analysis, please feel free to reach out to us. We are helping organizations to deal with Personalized Intervention for Employee Mindfulness